One of the latest beauty trends on the market is red light therapy, and I hope it sticks around forever.
Last winter I was diagnosed with dermatitis, and was also told to restrict myself to very few products on my skin (natural and traditional). Everything that my skin came in contact with, it seemed, caused a reaction.
One thing I noticed was that the warm, summer months seemed to naturally heal my skin. But once the weather got colder, my dermatitis started to flare up again. I kept hearing from others with this condition that traditional tanning (in moderation) works wonders. The thought of exposure to harmful UV rays scared me until I stumbled across the benefits of red light therapy and decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did!
The Global Wellness Summit (GWS) has announced that three leading experts in the field of beauty neuroscience will be keynote speakers at the conference on October 9-11, 2017 in Palm Beach, Florida. Among the speakers will be Anjan Chatterjee, M.D.; Nancy Etcoff, Ph.D.; and Lisa Ishii M.D..
Marketing and Perception
During his keynote presentation, Anjan Chatterjee, M.D., will be presenting a two-part research project entitled “Beauty2Wellness.” This study will delve into which marketing terms and concepts resonated the most with consumers. Additionally, the study will analyze whether biases against people with facial disfigurement occur implicitly.
CHICAGO, May 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Executed in three phases, Mario, Make Me a Model reaches hundreds of young people looking for careers in modeling and provides photoshoots, TV appearances and the training needed to launch a career in modeling.
Phase I: Open Model Calls
CALLING ALL MODEL HOPEFULS
- Monday, June 5 at 4:00 PM at Mario Tricoci 900 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, Lower Level.
- Tuesday, June 6 at Mario Tricoci Oak Brook, IL at Noon and Mario Tricoci Schaumburg, IL at 6 PM.
Up to 50 contestants will be selected to move onto the Quarter Finals to be held at The Wit Hotel ROOF on Tuesday June 13 where they will walk an elevated runway in front of judges including representatives from Factor|Chosen Model Management, Fitness Formula Clubs (FFC), Matt Ferguson Photography and Mario Tricoci himself.
SEVEN Semi Finalists will be announced at that event and will start training with Factor|Chosen Model Management and FFC.
With over 37 Billion Dollars spent on bath & body products annually and more than 50% of female consumers seeking all natural skincare, Pevonia® makes it easier than ever for spas to boost retail and service revenue!
Pevonia Natural Skincare introduces BodyRenew™ Bathing Pleasures! An on-trend aroma-therapeutic body collection of retail and professional products infused with all natural ingredients to: enrich the skin with restorative and de-aging benefits; transform bath time into a spa sensory oasis; de-stress and awaken the senses. BodyRenew™ Bathing Pleasures collections offer: bath salt, bubble bath, and body moisturizer in three blissful natural scents to address specific skin concerns.
BodyRenew™ Bathing Pleasures awaken the senses by offering your clients three blissful scents depending on their desired scent and key skincare concerns: Jasmine & Lavender, Peach & Vanilla, and Pineapple & Coconut, Each natural aroma-therapeutic collection offers three in-demand products: bath salt, bubble bath, and body moisturizer.
In keeping with Pevonia’s green ethos, BodyRenew™ features a unique program…Pevonia Planet Bloom as an extension of our foundational commitment to environmental conservation. BodyRenew™ products include a wildflower seed infused tag that once planted, helps beautify our surroundings for a greener earth.
BodyRenew™ Bathing Pleasures Collections:
Jasmine & Lavender:
Jasmine extract moisturizes, soothes, and visibly smooths the skin. Lavender Extract calms, softens, heals and decongests for an even tone.
- Bath Salts: Drench the skin with hydrating and soothing anti-stress Jasmine & Lavender essential oils and detoxifying micro minerals. Sea Salt mineralizes the skin providing an infusion of negative ions that neutralize the effects of pollution, stress, and free radicals. It also contains a powerhouse ingredient, Atoligomer, which infuses the skin with 73 minerals to strengthen it.
- Bubble Bath: The Jasmine & Lavender Bubble Bath is garden scented with flower extracts that calm and soothe the skin and the mind. Lavender’s aromatherapy effect is known for promoting relaxation, and is perfect for bath time; Citric acid smooths and brightens the skin tone. This is ideal for sensitive skin and to relieve dryness.
- Body Moisturizer: Moisturize, renew, and protect the skin with a body moisturizer that contains high performing aromatic phyto-extracts from Jasmine and Lavender. Ginseng root also works as an anti-oxidant while brightening the skin.
Peach & Vanilla:
Peach Fruit Extract moisturizes and brightens the skin while protecting it from free radicals and stress. Vanilla Fruit Extract is a natural antiseptic that repairs the skin.
- Bath Salts: The Peach & Vanilla bath salts repair the skin with brightening and hydrating anti-stress essential oils and detoxifying micro minerals. Sea Salt mineralizes the skin providing an infusion of negative ions that neutralize the effects of pollution, stress and free radicals. It also contains a powerhouse ingredient, Atoligomer, which infuses the skin with 73 minerals to help strengthen it.
- Bubble Bath: The Peach & Vanilla Bubble Bath is scented with an uplifting, smooth, sweet scent. Vanilla extract is used as a natural antiseptic while peach extract moisturizes and brightens skin all while soaking in a therapeutic, relaxing bath.
- Body Moisturizer: The Peach & Vanilla Body Moisturizer are rich in healthy vitamins such as Vitamin C. They contain a powerhouse full of essential fatty acids that help the skin retain moisture and maintain elasticity. Lutein and Zeaxanthin, two highly active antioxidants in peach extract, reduce inflammation and heal skin lesions. The Vanilla contains Vitamin B to improve the skin circulation and reduce sensitivity. Its antiseptic benefits help control skin breakouts. Chamomile soothes and calms irritation as well.
Pineapple & Coconut:
Pineapple fruit extract is a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant. It mineralizes, brightens, and repairs the skin. Coconut fruit extract moisturizes, repairs, protects and improves skin wellness.
- Bath Salts: Drench the skin with mineralizing and repairing anti-stress Pineapple & Coconut essential oils and detoxifying micro minerals. Sea Salt mineralizes the skin providing an infusion of negative ions that neutralize the effects of pollution, stress and free radicals. It also contains a powerhouse ingredient, Atoligomer, which infuses the skin with 73 minerals to strengthen it.
- Bubble Bath: Indulge in the pleasure of a fruit scented bubble bath and let stress and tension melt away. Containing fruit extracts that have anti-oxidant benefits and skin restructuring effects, this bubble bath is rejuvenating while de-stressing. It also relieves dryness and irritation while providing a fresh and uplifting scent. It’s great for skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczemas.
- Body Moisturizer: The Pineapple & Coconut Body Moisturizer hydrates, renews, and protects the skin with a rejuvenating and healing formula. Calendula Flower Extract soothes irritation while Aloe Leaf Extract hydrates, heals, and recovers skin damage.
About Pevonia: The most powerful ingredients in skincare come from the safest source – nature. For nearly three decades, Pevonia has been the leader in delivering natural skincare solutions to the finest spas and professional aestheticians worldwide. Pevonia’s multi-award winning products and in-spa treatments are coveted by celebrities, influencers, and consumers worldwide for their aesthetician-proven ability to deliver outstanding skin solutions that restore, rejuvenate, and revitalize all skin types.
For more information, interviews, product trials/photo shoot products, please contact: Danielle Sargeant; Phone: (386) 239-8980, Email: Danielle@pevonia.com
See more at PevoniaPro.com
Dr. Amy Wechsler has many titles, from ‘dermatologist’ to ‘Chanel beauty advisor’ to ‘psychiatrist’ and, of course, ‘mom.’ With Mother’s Day fast approaching, the New York City-based skincare guru (who has a long roster of celeb clientele and two teenagers) opens up about her personal beauty routine and how she keeps her skin looking flawless through stressful 10-hour workdays, the skincare challenges moms everywhere are worried about, Cool Sculpting and more.
What is the best beauty or skincare advice you learned from your mom?
One big thing is less is more. That was with everything with her life. She also spent her earlier years worshipping the sun but then did a 180 (thankfully) and is now a poster child for sun protection.
If you could spend all day at the spa for Mother’s Day, what spa would it be and what treatment would you get?
I haven’t been that many places, honestly. In my head, there are places in Japan I would really love to go to. The kids and I went to Amangiri resort last summer and that spa is amazing. I have been there multiple times and it is just so relaxing and calming there.
In the Bay Area, where everyone’s constantly wired and connected, it’s especially important to take some time to unplug and decompress. And that’s exactly when spas come to the rescue. Below, I share six exceptional spots to help you hit that reset button.