As in everyone’s knowledge, Testosterone is the sex hormone produced in the testicles of a male. The sexual characteristics that a man begins to acquire during puberty appear due to this hormone. It is also present in the women’s ovaries in very small quantities.
Generally, levels of testosterone (T-levels) in the body decrease after 30 years of age. In the present time, its levels are declining before this age in significant proportion of the male population. This is a very serious problem because a man should necessarily have an adequate amount of testosterone hormone. It is responsible for:
- High energy
- Sexual desire and satisfaction
- Muscle mass
- A normal count of red blood cells
- Good sleep
- Proper functioning of the body
Therefore, many different methods have been researched to increase T-levels in the body. Adoption of a healthy lifestyle and home remedies are said to be the safest and long term effective routes among all. There are several home based testosterone boosters or supplements that you can intake.
7 home remedies to increase your T-levels
- Ashwagandha: It is basically an adaptogen that works on stress. Stress is one of the reasons for low T-levels, thus regular intake of Ashwagandha can help you maintain good levels of testosterone in your body. In a study, intake of 5g of this supplement every day for 3 months resulted in an increase of T-levels by about 10 to 20%.
- Fenugreek: It is a herb that limits the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, thus preventing the T-levels from going down. One who is doing resistance training must start its intake to experience the promising results. In another study, regular intake of fenugreek improved the sexual life of recipients.
- Ginger: It is another supplement easily found in the home that can boost the T-levels in infertile men by nearly 15%, enhance sperm count and affect the sexual function positively.
- Garlic: Allicin present in garlic reduces cortisol levels and hence the stress. This, in turn, results in effective production of testosterone.
- Vitamin D natural supplements: The amount of vitamin D in the body has been found to be directly proportional to the T-levels. In a study, .when some objects were made to spend time under sunlight, it not only increased their vitamin D levels but also the T-levels. A good source of Vitamin D found at home is Tuna, which can enhance T-levels by even 90%.
- Foods rich in Zinc: Majority of the chemical processes in the human body involves zinc, and its amount in the body is also related to the levels of testosterone. According to a report, reduced zinc intake led to lower T-levels. Hence, eating zinc-rich ingredients or food increases T-levels. You can opt for almonds, eggs or oysters, which are easily available at home.
- Other natural ingredients: There are many other naturally available food items which are not just good for keeping you fit but also increase the sex hormones in the body. These are honey, salmon, lemon, spinach, and oats. All these contain minerals and vitamins responsible for stimulating the production of testosterone.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle
Although the above-mentioned home-based food items can efficiently result in increased T-levels, it is more beneficial to collaborate them with a healthy lifestyle which includes:
- Following an intermittent fasting routine.
- Having proper sleep of about 7 hours.
- Involving in heavy weight and resistance training.
- Intake of healthy fats like protein, Omega-3 fats, avocado, and coconut oil.
- Avoiding or managing with stress issues
- Consuming limited quantities of alcohol
A sufficient level of testosterone is highly essential for not only being sexually fit but also mentally as well as physically. If you are one of such unfortunate people with low T-levels, Don’t worry then! This problem is highly treatable at home itself. All it requires is patience, focus, and addiction to healthy habits. Include at least two of the above-mentioned home remedies along with a healthy lifestyle, you will forget you ever faced low T-levels. Follow the above routine and keep yourself sexually as well as physically fit!
Hello Readers !! Natalie and Caitlyn Bell are the founders of Healtholine, They started Healtholine to provide a platform where they could share informative articles related to health, technology, fitness, beauty, weight loss etc Natalie is a featured author at various authoritative blogs in the health and fitness industry. Connect with both sisters to know more