- The IRS due date for filing 2019 income tax returns and paying 2019 tax due is now July 15. This is an automatic change to the due date; no extension form is required to be filed. Previously, only the payment date had been extended.
- The July 15 due date applies to any return previously due on April 15. An automatic extension remains available for all other returns.
- Q1 2020 estimated payments which were previously due on April 15 are now due July 15.
- As of now, the due date for Q2 2020 estimated payments remains June 15.
- Due dates for other required tax returns, such as companies’ quarterly payroll tax filings, have not changed.