Skin is the projector of your inner self. A healthy and glowing skin reflects a fit body and a relaxed mind. Like your body, your skin also needs to be nurtured and cared for. For this a suitable skincare routine is necessary. Talking about care, what comes in your mind may be the series of beauty products you often see on the shelves. There is a misconception that the premier skincare products available are with the best brands and cost you a fortune. But the truth lies in the fact that the best care for skin is the cheapest, natural, and found within your reach somewhere in your kitchen garden!!
Herbs are the elixir of life. Using herbs for skincare is a traditional practice. Eat them raw, apply them directly to your skin, use their oils, or infuse them in drinks, herbs naturally detoxify your body from inside and nourish your skin from outside.
What are herbs?
Herbs are parts of trees or shrubs like leaves, which have a definite aroma and can be used in various culinary, medicinal, and therapeutic purposes. Formerly only the green part was considered as a herb but now the stems, roots, flowers, seed, or any other part of the plant that can be used in the food and have healing properties also comes under this category.
These herbs, as the name suggests, are used in flavoring the food. They enhance the taste and overall look of the food. The study shows that underlying benefits, like being natural appetizers and antacids, these herbs take care of the body internally by positively affecting the digestive system. They can be antifungal, can purify the blood, stimulate blood circulation, and can even have antioxidant properties. Most of the herbs used in culinary purposes can also be applied to the skin for their healing properties.
Medicinal herb All herbs generally possess a few healing properties. But a handful of them are loaded with benefits. Cannabis being the one. Cannabis is a psychoactive plant-based drug derived from Cannabis Sativa.From relieving pain to reduce acne, from easing cancer- related symptoms to act on Schizophrenia, Diabetes, PTSD, and Alzheimer’s, are beneficial for various medical conditions and also used for therapeutic and recreational purposes.
5 Helpful Tips on Creating a Herbal Routine for your Skin
All skincare involves cleansing, toning, and moisturizing routine to rejuvenate the skin. Here are a few tips that will help you choose a herbal routine for that perfect radiant skin.
- Cleansing by Basil– Basil leaves are considered sacred in Indian tradition and why not, this herb is full of health benefits. Basil is full of antioxidants and a natural cleanser. It is good for people with oily skin as it helps to remove the impurities and dirt from their clogged pores. Therefore it heals an acne-prone skin. Due to its antifungal properties, Basil can cure skin infections, calm the itchy skin, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Eat raw, apply the juice of the leaves, or use Basil oil, it will cleanse and purify your skin and give it a healthy touch.
- Detoxify skin by Turmeric– Turmeric is an age-old remedial herb used in every Indian house. From improving digestion to healing pain, turmeric can work wonders on various medical conditions. Daily intake of turmeric can also increase immunity. Drinking turmeric water is considered as one of the best detoxifying rituals for the body. When applied to the skin, it provides glow to the skin and revives it.
- Tone by Neem– Pigmentation, acne, scars, blackheads, boils are a few skin problems that you sometimes encounter in life. Indian lilac or Azadirachta indica, commonly known as neem, is the one-stop solution for them. Use it as oil, capsules or bring it to boil in water, neem has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It protects skin against environmental damage, reduces acne and its spots, soothes inflammation, and helps to tone it.
- Hydrate by Aloe vera– This magical herb is the powerhouse of nutrients. Aloe vera is full of vitamins A, C, K, and B12. It also contains folic acid and enzymes. This soothes your skin from sunburn, reduces skin irritation, and prevents dark spots. It helps in locking the moisture in the skin thus soften your skin and prevent aging. The Gel is the best and natural form of aloe vera useful for all skin types.
- Improve skin by Thyme/CBD– Thyme is a healing herb and most effective when used in sores, cuts, burns, and rashes. It reduces skin allergies and provides relief in conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Thyme increases the production of collagen in the body and thus improves the skin elasticity giving it a healthy glow. CBD, again, is a healing herb and is derived from cannabis plants. It is cannabidiol and has been found to be very effective for skincare, including discoloration, pigmentation, acne, eczema and to prevent dark spots. You can also include CBD herbs as teas, edibles and oils. For high quality herbs, one can shop online or at a cannabis store and enjoy doorstep delivery at affordable prices.
Skin is a vital part of the body. It provides a point of interaction between the external environment and our body. Skincare routine is that’s why, of primary significance. More excellent knowledge of natural beauty and wellness and the environmental impact of synthetic products lead to a shift in focus towards herbal skincare regimen. All the herbs are laden with natural benefits for the body. They breathe a new life to our skin and protect it from further wear and tear. Therefore, inculcate the habit of herbal routine to revitalize your skin and make it healthy and radiant at any age.