Desert Hot Springs, CA – January 2020 – An oasis in the California desert that’s known within celebrity circles and respected for programming centered on fasting, detoxification and education, begins the decade with new stories. We Care Spa in Desert Hot Springs, Calif. is home to a new General Manager, 12 luxurious suites spread over four new buildings and more enhancements on the horizon.
As the new General Manager, Greg Geurin (pictured) brings 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry to We Care Spa. Susan Lombardi, We Care Spa CEO says, “During his various roles as General Manager and a hospitality consultant, Greg oversaw all aspects of hotel operations. He played an instrumental role in uplifting the brand image of various hotels and resorts and bringing them to prominence.” Lombardi is half of the mother / daughter team behind We Care Spa. Her mother, Susana Lombardi Belen, founded the facility in 1986.
Most recently, Geurin held the position of General Manager at The Inn at The Five Graces in Santa Fe, N.M. Within 18 months from his start date, the Inn earned Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards and Conde Nast Traveler Top 5. Geurin also served on the pre-opening executive team for Sunrise Springs Spa Resort in Santa Fe. He guided this destination-spa property to No. 2 on Trip Advisor rankings in less than two years.
About his move to We Care Spa, Geurin says, “I want to be a part of taking an already-incredible guest experience and making it even better. We’re going to focus on enhancing the guest stay with new cutting-edge treatments and equipment, along with continuing our dedication to providing superior service. There’s no place like We Care Spa in the world. We’re only going to make it better.”
Speaking of making it better, Geurin comes to We Care Spa in the middle of a significant expansion project. Phase 1 improvements, which are complete, include an expansive new pool with desert views, eucalyptus steam room and outdoor fire pit. Plus, 12 suites housed throughout four new buildings. At 600-square-feet each, the new suites include:
- Deep soaking tubs with 8’ glass shower surround.
- Custom furniture with stone tops and spacious desk area.
- Single-king bed or double-queen bed options.
- In-room refrigerator for the daily delivered fresh juices and in-room insta-hot water for detox teas.
- Large patio with pergola and day bed. Two Presidential Suites include additional outdoor space with a firepit and extra outdoor furniture.
- Views of Mt. San Jacinto and We Care Spa’s private desert scape of 100 acres.
Phase 2 is centered on the main building to include a grand entrance, lobby, outdoor gardens, remodeled treatment and colonic rooms, six new treatment rooms and a new boutique shop. Also, to come are seven new guest rooms, five of which are poolside, a new gym, Wellness Room and Salt Room. The Salt Room will include a Halogenerator to atomize the salt ions and increase absorption when breathed in. Wellness Therapies planned:
- Red Light LED Therapy, known to restore joint motion and redevelop muscles to relieve aches, pain and stiffness.
- Exercise with Oxygen Therapy (EWOT), which greatly enhances body oxygen levels while on a stationary bike.
- Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field (BEMER PEMF) Therapy, which increases blood flow to nourish every cell.
“With the new therapies, we will add the latest technology to our tried-and-true detox protocol and treatments. We Care’s desire to detoxify your body, revitalize your mind and restore your spirit actually delivers. Additionally, we will supplement our educational offerings with guest lecturers, resident wellness specialists and a more varied selection of classes and workshops,” adds Geurin.
Noted in numerous magazines as a hot-spot for celebrities including Molly Sims, Matt Bomer, Josh Radnor and Liv Tyler, We Care Spa may be experienced in packages of eight, six or three days. Packages include:
- Luxury lodging and organic room amenities
- Access to all daily yoga classes, educational lectures and demonstrations.
- Colonics and/or digestive release.
- Use of all specialized equipment, infrared dry saunas and steam room.
- All juices, teas and supplements needed for the cleanse.
Complete details may be found on www.wecarespa.com.