As you prepare to re-open your salon or spa, it’s important to take some time to rethink your retail approach. While we have all been hyper focused on safety, we will need to make some changes to the way we approach our retail sales. Many businesses have had great success with online or curbside pick up of retail products, but there is a safe and sane way to include retail sales in your re-opening plans.
1. Retail Displays
Adopt the philosophy of “less is more” when it comes to your facility’s retail displays. Simple steps you can do to increase the safety and reduce contact in the retail area include:
- Removing all testers, and safely disposing of them.
- If you have makeup stations, sanitize and store away. It may be a long time before tester stations are safe for use. Consider removing and disposing of any opened containers, as well.
- Remove all props in the retail area. Sanitize those can be used again and store for later.
- Remove artificial plants, greenery, or other unnecessary decorations in the retail area. While they look pretty, it’s just more surface area to hold germs and have to clean.
- If you have display holders that hold multiple products in a single unit, sanitize them and store away. It is better to have fewer surfaces and contact points to clean and sanitize each day.
- Place any shelf talkers in glass or plastic frames that can be sanitized daily or more often.
- Remove any testers or product displays located in guest bathrooms or treatment rooms.